Raspberry Almond Oatmeal Cookies
This is a VERY old recipe that I doctored years ago!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry preserves
- Cream butter, beat in sugars.
- Beat in water, extracts and eggs.
- (Will look curdled.)
- Stir in rest of ingredients well.
- Drop by Tbls. onto ungreased cookie sheet. Make a small well in centers, fill with a teaspoons of raspberry preserves or jam.
- Take a tiny piece of dough and kindof half cover the jam down the center over just the jam.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes at 400º.
- Let set on cookie sheet for 1 minute, remove to wire racks to cool.
- Seems like I got about 3 1/2 dozen -- I didn't get to count them, they were being eaten too fast!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I tried these cookies today for the first time. I did not have dark brown sugar so used light in its place. The cookies spread a bit more than I anticipated, so next time I would be a bit more generous with the raspberry preserve. I chose not to cover the preserve with cookie dough, but rather used a sliced almond to cover up, giving the cookie a slightly different look and enhancing the almond flavor in the cookie.
My my... I can't believe these cookies haven't been reviewed yet!!! Shame on you :) This very old recipe is one in a million! We can't stop eating them once we start, they are so addicting. I crushed up walnuts and pecans and sprinkled them over the preserves and pressed each one lightly. The addition of the nuts is great if you like them, if not make as is and enjoy, because they are delicious too! My DS's can't wait to add these to our cookie tray this year for the holidays. I think everyone we give one to will be pleasantly surprised when they bite into these scrumpdidilyicious cookies!