Rapid Basic White Bread (Bread Machine)
photo by CandyTX
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
2 pound loaf
- Follow directions for your bread machine.
- Instructions for my machine are: Add all ingredients to the baking pan in the order listed. (I mix the water and powdered milk and microwave them on high for 30 seconds before puting in the pan).
- Insert the baking pan into the oven chamber and secure pan.
- Select rapid bake setting and 2-pound loaf.
- Turn on machine.
- When cycle is complete, I put the loaf into a large zip lock bag, seal the bag, and put it on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
LOVED this bread! I changed my loaf size to 1.5lbs and followed directions as stated. Turned out fantastic!! It was so soft and delicious with butter that we ate the entire loaf with one meal, I had to make this recipe again this next day to enjoy more of this bread! Why would anyone make bread on the regular setting if you can make it faster on the Rapid setting and still have the bread turn out amazingly??
I made this lovely bread yesterday and I have to say it was really close in taste and texture to the bread my ex husband used to make. I had no problems with it at all. It was realy in less than two hours and it really was lovely. I never had the problem of it being excessively huge like the other reviewer either. It was just a lovely loaf of bread, plain and simple. I will be making this often. Thanks!