Ramen Noodle Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles (crush ramen noodles)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- Empty coleslaw mix into a large bowl.
- Add crushed ramen noodles, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, and green onions. Mix well and cover.
- In a separate smaller bowl add oil, sugar, white vinegar, and the 2 seasoning packets that come with the ramen noodles. Whisk well and cover.
- Refrigerate both the salad and dressing overnight.
- Right before you are ready to serve, re-whisk the dressing and pour over salad mixture. Mix well and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very nice salad. I did find it a bit sweet and next time I will decrease the sugar a bit. I used a combination of coleslaw mix and broccoli slaw. I did stick the noodles under the broiler for a few minutes. I also lightly toasted the almonds in a skillet with a bit of butter. I added a couple of tblsp. of sesame seeds at the end. This is one of my favorite salads and I am glad I chose this one after looking at so many possibilities! thanks for sharing.