Ramen Noodle Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 ounce) package oriental flavor noodle soup mix (such as Top Ramen or Maruchan)
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 scallions, cut in long, narrow strips
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Break the package of noodles into 4 sections. Cook as package directs(boil in 2 cups of water for 3 minutes), then drain. Reserve seasoning packet.
- Put noodles in a bowl. Stir in zucchinik, scallions, carrot, eggs, flour and 1/2 teaspoons seasoning from mix(you may leave this out if you don't like or can't use-just add in some salt and pepper).
- Heat 1 tbls. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Using 1/2 of the mixure, make 4 pancakes.
- Fry 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat, using remaining oil.
- Mix soy sauce and lemon juice. Serve with pancakes. Or serve with whatever sauce you enjoy(honey mustard is good, or mayo mixed with Thai sweet chili sauce).
Join The Conversation
Oh man, these were delicious! I started making these when I realized I was out of green onion, which was sad :( I went ahead and chopped up yellow onion though and threw those in, and it worked great, although the green onion would probably be better. They were perfectly seasoned lightly with half the packet when going along with a salty soy sauce dip. I added to the lemon/soy mixture sriracha, ginger, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. A delicious combo and went amazing with the ramen cake :)