Ralph's Very Good Jerky
- Ready In:
- 10 10 lbs caribou or 10 lbs beef
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- cut Meat with the grain (not across) & not paper thin.
- Mix all seasonings.
- Add meat to marinade.
- Cover & refrigerate 12 hrs, mixing occasionally.
- Place meat on racks of dehydrator in single layer, not touching, and dry for 10 to 12 hours
- Meat should crack when done, but not crumble.
- Leftover marinade can be saved & reused, if used right away.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
DH of 32 years & I are (most of the time) empty nesters, with 2 DD & 2 DS (ages 29, 27, & twins 23). Have lived in the Sioux Falls, SD area since 1984. As the oldest daughter of a working mom, having to get supper started was the beginning of my love of cooking. Learning & experimenting with what to "throw in" is half the fun, and anyone who says they can't cook is really saying they don't have the patience or interest (IMHO)! ;-) Using fresh produce from the garden is absolutely my favorite thing to do - winter in South Dakota can get loooong with "cardboard" produce from the grocer. Having grown up in the service, we were exposed to lots of different cultural foods. With a mom who also loved to cook, variety & trying new foods was a true treat! DD (grrrl genius) joined RecipeZaar at the same time I did, and she'd like me to get *all* my recipes uploaded and use the site, rather than my sending paper copies. We'll see how quickly I accomplish that !