Raisin Pie Filling
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- pastry for double-crust pie
- In saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in water, corn syrup, and raisins.
- Cook and stir until bubbly; cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and butter.
- Pour filling into pastry-lined pie plate (filling will be thin).
- Cover with top crust; cut slits for steam.
- Bake at 425* for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 375* and bake for 30 more minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am only rating this a 4 star as I thought it was to sweet. I did like the flavor and I will make again, but I will cut the sugar down to maybe a half cup and go from there. I also didn't have lemon juice and I forgot the butter. This may have had something to do the the sweetness, but I don't think so. As I forget these items in my apples pies as well and the turn out just fine. Thank again. I love raisin pie. This is the closest I have gotten to the flavor I have been looking for.
Cut the amount of Sugar by Half for this recipe and it will be much better. I found it to be way to sweet as is. I was so looking forward too using raisins to make my own filling for Thanksgiving; alas my parents tried the first slice and said, "Whoa! That is too sweet." I wish I read the comments in the Recipe Reviews before I started to mix the ingredients . Fine tune it to maybe half the sugar, holy.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!