Raisin Filled Oatmeal Bars
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a very nice treat for the family - the kids will simply love them -
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup water
- Stir together flour, oats, brown sugar and soda. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Pat 2/3 of crumbs in the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- FOR FILLING:.
- In a saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in 2 cups raisins and 1 cup water. Cook and stir till bubbly. Spread atop crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake in a 375F oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are very good! Even my raisin hating husband enjoyed them! They are even better the second day and beyond after being closed up tightly in the fridge. I followed the recipe exactly. The only comment I would make is perhaps turn the oven temp down to 350 as 375 seemed a bit too hot. Mariajane, thanks for the recipe!1Reply