Raisin and Tamarind Chutney
This is a pureed chutney which is quick and easy to make in a blender or food processor. It is made for immediate use but will keep refrigerated for about a week or two. Recipe adapted from the "vegetarian epicure", book two by anna thomas.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 6 tablespoons water (more if needed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or processor, and puree, scraping down as needed, until there are no lumps left.
- Add a little bit more water as needed to make a mixture that is thick but not stiff.