This fabulous recipe comes from a girl I do catering with. It is her signature salad dressing and is requested all the time. Enjoy this with a summer salad of lettuce, cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes and some nice garlic croutons! Delicious
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup light olive oil (the kind that says "best for salad dressing and flavoring" on the label. It is lighter in color and)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and beat with electric mixer for about 4 minutes to dissolve sugar.
- Add the oil and poppy seeds and continue beating for about 10 minutes more.
- Pour dressing into a pitcher or large jar.
- Will keep for several days in refrigerator.
- Just stir well to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I thought I had submitted my review of this! I have this 4 or 5 times as written. After a search for a real good recipes to do. And with resulted in other similar recipes, I decided I wanted to create something unique a great base recipe and easy to modify depending on your tastes.. It may be a stretch to call my creation, but the result was a meal the whole family will liked. MY was Not better, not worse, just different! I've will added this to my recipe book "AS IS" and with my additions TOO. I have two way to do it!! THANK YOU!! I can do the happy food dance!! NOW !! 7 Stars NO! Sugar pea is right, Twenty Stars!, I think yours is better. BY FARReply
Outstanding dressing. My family gave it 5 stars all the way. Served my enchilada recipe #94490 along with a tossed salad of greens, grape tomatoes, carrots, black olives, croutons and pine nuts. I made half a batch that fit my container perfectly. I know this will be a regular with my salad from now on. Thanks for a great recipe.Reply