2. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs, two teaspoons vanilla, salt and baking powder. Add flour and milk in batches, starting and ending with flour. Stir until batter is smooth and satiny.
3. Evenly divide prepared batter into several different bowls. The amount of bowls will depend on the amount of colors you want to add.
4. Add food coloring to each bowl until you get the desired color.
5. I usually do 6 colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
6. Line your muffin tin with paper cups and spoon in colored batter into cups.
7. For 6 colors, I recommend spooning in ½ tablespoon of each color in each cup. For a smaller amount of colors, use 1 tablespoon.
8. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.
9. Allow cupcakes to cool for about 45 minutes and frost.