Rainbow Trout Poached in Coconut Milk
- Ready In:
- Combine the coconut milk and chicken stock in a pan on a medium heat.
- Crush the end of the lemon grass stalk and add to pan.
- Roughly slice ginger (leave skin on) and add to pan.
- Thinly slice kaffir lime leaves and add to pan.
- Thinly slice chillis and add to pan.
- Add palm sugar and fish sauce to pan.
- Let mixture simmer for twenty minutes so that the flavours infuse in the liquid. Do not boil.
- Slice fish fillet into large pieces.
- Add fish to pan and cook gently for another ten or fifteen minutes until fish is cooked.
- Add the chopped up spring onions, coriander and the lime juice, stir to combine for a few minutes.
- Remove lemon grass stalk and ginger pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!