Ragu Baked Eggs Breakfast #Ragu
photo by dwinloes
- Ready In:
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, seeded and peeled
- 3 cups Ragú® Pasta Sauce, marinara sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoons double concentrated tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 8 large eggs
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cups arugula
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. In a blender, puree the roasted red peppers with 1 cup of Ragu marinara sauce.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and onion; sauté until onions are translucent. Add the turkey sausage and sauté until cooked through. Stir in the remaining 2 cups ragu marinara, the red pepper puree, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the spinach. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 4. Divide the Ragu tomato mixture between 2 large oven safe skillets or 1 large baking dish. With a large spoon, make 8 wells in the sauce and break an egg into each well. Crumble the goat cheese around the top of the sauce and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the white of the egg has begun to set but the yolks are still runny.
- 5. Top with the arugula and serve. Can be served with crispy bread or grilled pita.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!