Rack of Lamb (Mustard Crusted)
This is a wonderfully DELICIOUS recipe, especially when you want to impress someone.
- Ready In:
- 1 rack of lamb, trimmed & frenched (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (crushed)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Season rack of lamb well on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium skillet over high heat and, when hot, add the oil. When the oil is almost smoking, add the rack of lamb and brown well on all sides, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the lamb to a plate and set aside to cool slightly before proceeding.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the mustard evenly over all sides of the lamb. Spread the minced garlic over the lamb in the same manner.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the breadcrumbs and grated cheese and toss to thoroughly combine. Using your hands or a spoon, spread the breadcrumb mixture evenly all over the lamb, pressing so that the crumbs adhere to the meat.
- Place the rack of lamb on a baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes for medium-rare.
- Allow lamb to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before carving into chops to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was excellent - I wasn't sure where to add the rosemary so I mixed it with the bread crumbs and Parmesan. I roasted it with the mustard and garlic at 450 for about 10 mins and then added the crumbs and returned to the oven until an internal temperature of 135 - medium rare. About 10-15 more minutes. The crust was crisp and tangy and complemented mint jelly perfectly. I didn't make the fig chutney - maybe next time!Reply