Rack of Baby Lamb With Herb Crust
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Martha Stewart's from a 1983 cookbook called "Quick Cook" and it is delicious and easy. I add about 1/2 tsp. rosemary.
- Ready In:
- 1 baby rack of lamb, about 7 chops
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Carefully trim the rack of lamb, leaving the rib bones as long as possible. Leave about 1/4 inch of fat on the outside of the rack. Cut neat crisscrosses in the fat with a sharp knife.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients.
- Put the rack of lamb in a roasting pan and cook it in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the lamb and reduce heat to 375 degrees F.
- Pat the bread-crumb mixture on top of the rack and on the bony side to form a crust. Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes. The lamb should be served very pink.
- If you like it more well done, just make sure the crust isn't burning.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION