Rachael Ray's Salami Scramble
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 lb salami, chopped
- 2 -3 scallions, chopped. Onion will work
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley (optional) or basil (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and salami.
- Cook until salami renders some fat and starts to turn a deep burgundy color, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- Add scallions or onion and cook 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add tomato and cook another minute.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, scramble eggs and cheese until eggs are not quite done.
- Add salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Add salami mixture to eggs and cheese and scramble together until eggs are done.
- Garnish with parsley or basil if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Passions: My family (have 4 grandsons), standing next to my grill at the lake on a warm summer day with a beer or 3 in my hand, and the Montana Grizzlies football team. Pet peeves: Whining professional athletes' salaries, boaters who run across my fishing line while I'm trolling, and women who insist on driving while I'm behind the wheel (not you sweetheart, you make critical navigational observations).