Rachael Ray's Cheesy "smashed" Cauliflower
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- Pour broth into a deep pot.
- Trim leaves and core off head of cauliflower.
- Place head of cauliflower in broth and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil covered until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover and mash cauliflower w/potato masher.
- Allow liquid to cook off while you add cheeses and mash all together, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- When all mixed and thickened, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste, and nutmeg, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Loves: Kawaii anime, MMORPG's, reading, cross stitch, and am getting into HTML. I like making web pages. My heroes are Rush Limbaugh, Thomas Sowell, and John Stossel. I went back to school this fall and am majoring in Business and am considering minoring in web design. Feel free to e-mail me to discuss any freakishnesses you may have in common with me :) All my recipes are simple, cheap, quick and delicious. Having only one income, you learn to make do! :) I'm 30 and a Mom to our 4 boys. My DH works for National Serv-All picking up recycle in a neighboring county. I refuse to make a dish that costs more than $5.00 to make. Most of the cooking shows on TV crack me up.-I think I'll leave the $30.00 veal lasagna or braised rack of lamb in wine sauce to people without kids!lol We're just down-home folks that love down-home cookin'! lol Hope you love making and eating my recipes as much as we do!