Rachael Ray’s Vegetable Couscous
Perfect for a Moroccan menu.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 2 1⁄4 cups couscous
- 1 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- mediterranean flat bread
- Place a large saucepan over med-high heat; add in the first 5 ingredients; season with salt and pepper.
- Saute and stir frequently for 7-8 minutes.
- Add in pumpkin and broth; stir to combine.
- Add in cumin and coriander; bring broth to a boil.
- Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then remove lid and fluff couscous using a fork.
- Remove bay leaf and add in chopped tomato, cilantro, and parsley.
- Toss mixture and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve with warm Mediterranean flat breads.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I served this as a side dish and knew that this was going to make lots. Even that knowledge kept me moving forward without making any adjustments. Even if this was served as an entree this would make lots. I used a whole wheat couscous and vegetable broth. The texture was a little off for me. I think I would have enjoyed this better if I had used Israeli couscous. It was served with recipe #385396. Made for *Hail to the Chef's* in the Photo Forum event.Reply