Rachael Ray Easy Egg Foo Young
This recipe is easy and protein packed
- Ready In:
- 12 eggs
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli chicken
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1 cup shredded baby bok choy
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- one 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat and brush it with some oil.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms, bean sprouts, bok choy, carrots, scallions, bell pepper, grated ginger and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a large spoon, drop about 1/2 cup of the mixture onto the griddle for each "pancake". Cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch with a splash of chicken stock to dissolve. Combine the remaining stock, the cornstarch mixture, tamari, hot sauce and sliced ginger in a small saucepan. Boil until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Discard the sliced ginger.
- Put 2 pancakes on each plate and top with the gravy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION