Rab Torte (Rapska Torta)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Blanch and peel the almonds, dry for several days at room temperature.
- Grind the almonds by hand; add sugar, vanilla sugar, orange and lemon zest, eggs and maraschino. Each time an ingredient is added, gently mix with the fingertips. Do this 5-6 times.
- Made a soft pastry of the butter, sugar, eggs and salt, and add flour as needed.
- Roll the pastry out into the required shape and place it on a greased baking tin. Put the filling onto the pastry. From the remnants, cut out strips 1 cm wide and line the sides of the filling, making little waves. Then, with a fork impress little tracks along the surface of the filling.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for about 25 minutes, until the stuffing obtains a gold color.
- Decorate with icing sugar, serve with tea, liqueur or Muscat grappa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!