Rösti Casserole With Baked Eggs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt, Greek-style
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow onions, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups gruyere cheese, or swiss or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 30 ounces frozen shredded hash browns, thawed (such as Ore-Ida)
- cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- fresh chives, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine sour cream, yogurt and flour in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Add onion, cheese, butter, chives, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, black pepper, nutmeg, and potatoes to sour cream mixture and mix inches.
- Spread potato mixture evenly into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven.
- With the back of a spoon, make 8 indentations in top of potato mixture. Crack 1 egg into each of 8 indentations.
- Return dish to oven. Bake at 400° for 12 to 14 minutes or until egg whites are firm and yolks barely move when pan is touched.
- Cut into 8 pieces. Garnish with additional chives, salt and fresh black pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello all, being from California, I can honestly say I am a foodie. You can walk by construction workers here and hear them saying things like, So I used some fresh garlic and olive oil, then threw the rest into the pan to sautee. LOL I love all kinds of food, and trying to eat healthier as I get older, but still indulge in the occasional deep-fried food or sweet. <br />I LOVE this site! I have 3 or 4 other food sites such as Epicurious and Food Network, but I always come back here! The ease and all of the features just can't be beat. <br />Thanks Zaar and I look forward to participating more.</p>