Rüebli Kuchen (Carrot Cake)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 14mins
1 loaf cake
- 350 g flour (0.77 pounds)
- 15 g baking powder (0.5 ounces)
- 300 g sugar (0.66 pounds) or 300 g raw sugar (0.66 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 pinches clove powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 g carrots, shredded into small pieces (0.55 pounds)
- 1 lemon
- 250 g ground almonds (0.55 pounds)
- 4 eggs
- 200 g margarine (0.44 pounds)
- Put flour in a stir bowl.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, clove powder and salt, mix well.
- Add carrots, almonds, lemon juice and small pieces of lemon skin, mix well.
- Beat eggs and add together with the margarine.
- Mix again and pour into baking tin.
- Bake for about 65 minutes at 180°C (355°F) in the pre-heated oven.
- Put marzipan carrots on top of the cake for decoration. (marzipan is also referred to as marchpane or almond paste).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!