"You Like Cheese?" Garlic Bread Spread
This is fantastic. This was posted on a canning list, and this is a definite staple in my fridge. The best thing about it is that you make it, and it keeps in the fridge for up to 2 months. The taste is fantastic!
- Ready In:
- 6 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (at room temp)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated romano cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup minced garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Fold until all is blended.
- Keep refrigerated in mason jars with lids, or in containers with tightly fitting lids.
- To make garlic bread, slice french bread and place on cookie sheet.
- Spoon spread onto bread.
- Toast, bake, or broil until cheese is bubbly and nicely browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow is this garlicy (not that that's a bad thing!) I quartered the recipe and had enough for 2 mini baguettes. I had to use shredded romano not grated so added a little extra. I also used half fresh garlic and half pickled garlic (it was from recipe #263732 - I didn't want to waste it and wasn't sure what else to do with it!) Went great with the black bean soup I had for dinner. Thanks for sharing!Reply
I can't believe I forgot to review this. This is really awesome. My kids love it. I make it every time we have spaghetti or lasagna. I've even made one night while watching a movie. It reminds me of the Rockefeller bread that the Fish House Vera Cruz in San Marcos, CA serves minus the spinach.Reply
see 24 more