"Pioneer Woman" Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
photo by Walmart
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 9mins
- 1 cup salted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar (confectioners)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate or 4 ounces almond bark
- 8 peppermint candies (red or green)
- Cream softened butter with powdered sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix together until dough comes together. Place plastic wrap on surface of dough and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, unwrap candies and place them in a plastic bag. Beat with a mallet until finely crushed, leaving larger chunks if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll cookie dough in walnut-sized pieces and place on a cookie sheet. Gently press balls flat with a plain, smooth surface.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, being careful not to burn. Cookies will remain the same general size and shape after they bake. Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack. Allow them to cool completely.
- Place crushed candies in bowl. Melt almond bark in the microwave. Dip cooled cookies into almond bark, coating half the cookie. Immediately sprinkle crushed peppermints over both sides of the almond bark. Gently set on parchment paper or other nonstick surface and allow to cool before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!