"Million Dollar" Chinese Cabbage Salad
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, lightly crushed (without flavor packets)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 head napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, sugar, wine vinegar, and soy sauce until the sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate the dressing while preparing the salad.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the broken Ramen noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the Ramen noodle mixture until lightly browned, about 15 minutes, stirring often. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Allow mixture to cool.
- Just before serving, mix together the Napa cabbage and green onions with toasted Ramen mixture in a salad bowl until thoroughly combined; toss with the dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.