photo by kathleenkirbyturner
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped frozen is fine
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Place the shredded sweet potato in a casserole dish. If you like, reserve a handful of shreds to place on top just before baking. This will make a crunchy topping.
- Brown the beef and onion together in a large skillet. Layer on top of the sweet potato.
- Evenly layer the broccoli on top of the beef mixture.
- Pour the egg over all. Top with reserved sweet potato shreds if desired.
- Bake 45 minutes. Or until cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although I am a US citizen, I have spent most of my adult life living outside of the States. I've raised my family all over the world - and I have to say that my four kids are pretty terrific! I am always looking for recipes that only call for basic ingredients. Because I don't live in the US, I often can't find packages or this, or jars and cans of that, even certain spices can be tricky. My favorite cookbooks are the New Joy of Cooking, and anything by Nigela Lawson. My passions are cooking and eating - big surprise there. I have no pet peeves, I don't keep any peeves around long enough to make them into pets. I especially love baking, but I'm trying to get away from that - the carbs are starting to stick to my hips a little too easily. I took a Sushi making course recently. It was a lot of fun; I now know that I need to GO OUT for Sushi, not make it myself.