"Apple Pie" Bath Salts
Treat yourself and also make this as a gift. I did not give amounts of the fragrance oil, just add them by "smell" Use the layering technique, don't make it too wet with the oils because the layers will become the same color then, or just mix it all together. The salts will have a light golden brown color.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 cups sea salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- apple fragrance oil
- cinnamon fragrance oil
- vanilla fragrance oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Put the salt and the baking soda in a large glass bowl, mix well, add the fragrances.
- If you want to layer the salt in jars take half of the salt out and put in another bowl so that stays white.
- Add the cinnamon to the other half and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and leave for an hour.
- Uncover and take a good sniff, you can adjust the smell and add some more fragrance.
- Put in jars, when layering, slightly tilt the jar, scoop a few spoonfulls white, then the cinnamon and so on.
- Top the lid with nice wrapping paper or cotton, tie a string around and attach a label.
- Use several spoonfulls for a bath.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Pick A Chef couldn't have come at a better time. I'm so glad I chose this recipe as one of the 3 to fix. Not only does the finished product look and smell great, my whole house smells like apple pie. My daughter's school is doing a fund raiser and the kids from her class are to bring in bath and body products...guess what we are sending??? I've already got their jar ready and decorated. DD used this in her bath last night...in order to "sample" it...she loved it and can't wait to try other scents. Thanks for sharing this recipe and for answering many questions. ;) ~k
Ohhhhh heavenly! I only made enough of this for a few baths because I knew it would take me forever to use up 6 cups worth! I used 1 cup of salt and parred the recipe down that way. This scent is so nice and warm. What a great fragrance to enjoy while you are soaking in the tub! My skin felt very soft after the bath and I felt rejuvinated. Thanks for sharing this simple yet decadent recipe!