Quinoa With Spinach, Tomato and Chicken
photo by foodieforlife2
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oil in pan, and saute garlic for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the quinoa and cook it up (2 minutes). Then add the tomatoes, spinach leaves and scallion. Keep stirring until the spinach leaves are slightly wilted.
- Turn of the heat immediately, and season lightly with pepper, a pinch of salt and dried basil. Be careful with the salt, because of the feta!
- Serve with the chicken and feta. Enjoy your meal :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good. I had to quadruple the recipe, and it made just the right amount for 4 servings- although I used more chicken. I was surprised that it didn't need much seasoning at all- just a bit of salt and pepper. I also toasted my quinoa for 15 minutes before cooking it to bring out that nice nutty flavor, which really made this dish shine.