Quinoa With Ham and Cranberries
Quinoa...where have you been all my life? This grain is a new discovery for me, and a wonderful one at that. I like to have foods high in protein, and this one is packed. This recipe can be used as a side, or as a meal. Very tasty. One of the best things about this wholesome concoction is that it is equally as good cold as it is warm. The ham can be substituted with chicken or shrimp for a change of taste. See recipe #16399 for toasting instructions.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup ham stock, chicken and vegetable works well
- 1⁄4 cup ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and ham to boil.
- Add quinoa. Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- In a frying pan, melt butter.
- Add onion, zucchini, red pepper, salt, pepper and cayenne. Sauté until vegetables are tender/crisp.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and cranberries. Heat through.