Quinoa With Basil Gremolata
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup leek, thinnly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, Chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, Chopped
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- pine nuts (optional)
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a medium saucepan with water and salt (now is the time to season!), cooking according to box directions. Cool.
- Heat Olive oil in a saute pan and then add leeks, sauteeing for 2 minutes over medium high heat (to get some color on them).
- Add the stock, lower the heat, and cook the leeks for about 5 minutes (until tender). Stock should be almost gone.
- Add the cooked quinoa and stir to heat through. Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and drizzle with a fine-quality extra virgin olive oil, if you so choose. Also nice with toasted pinenuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
So, a bit about me: I love to eat, love to cook and am married to a chef (lucky me). I have recently recovered from Thyroid issues and adult-onset food allergies. My husband and I welcomed our first child into this world in July. I had a hard pregnancy and spent most of it on bedrest. I gained 65 pounds. I've decided to chronicle my weight loss through recipezaar and also include some baby food recipes as I come up with them. My Favorite Cookbook: <li><a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/mycookbook/book/47660">Canning Recipes</a></li> This is from Sharon123--my first zaar aquaintance. I prepared serveral of her "jar" recipes as Christmas gifts and they were such a hit. This is the cookbook that sold me on this site! We even used Sharon123's Viennese Beet Preserves at our wedding reception!