Quinoa Veggie Burger
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup red quinoa
- 1 tablespoon oil (of your choice)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whole pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup gluten-free fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free quick-cooking rolled oats
- Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, then cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- To toast pecans; place whole nuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, for 7 to 9 minutes (stirring once).
- Sauté onions in oil until softened. Add mushrooms, garlic, and spices/seasonings, stirring until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, beat egg then add in the cooled quinoa, mushroom mixture, and the remaining ingredients. Stir until combined. Scoop ½cup of the mixture and form into a ball, and place on a greased baking sheet. Gently press down until you get the desired thickness. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!