Quinoa Salad With Tahini Dressing
photo by Chilicat
- Ready In:
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon aleppo pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved (can sub cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup English cucumber, diced
- 2⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, using 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, tahini, warm water, garlic, cumin, peppers and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Stir in cooled quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, mint and green onions, stirring to coat quinoa and vegetables with dressing.
- This recipe can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
- The original recipe called for 1 cup of canned lentils to be added with vegetables and quinoa and doubled the amounts of lemon juice, olive oil and water for the dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay-at-home-mom, or rather, drive-around-in-the-minivan mom to DS7, DD6, DD5 and DS1. DH is lactose intolerant so I have learned to work around that in my recipes. I started baking cookies and such when I was about 9, and cooking daily suppers when I was 13 so I have been in the kitchen for a good percentage of my life already. It's a good thing that it's my favourite place to be! My favourite appliance is a rice cooker, with the Kitchenaid mixer running a close second. DH bought a Traeger wood pellet barbecue for Mother's Day a few years ago and it is amazing. I almost always wear an apron in the kitchen because I'm a sloppy cook and stained too many shirts. My favourite is from www.ashtongreen.com, a Canadian website that sells great kitchen stuff. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">