Quinoa Salad With Orange-Cumin Vinaigrette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, diced into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (2 Tbs.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 oranges, peels sliced off and sections cut out
- Toast almonds 4 to 5 minutes in dry skillet or toaster oven, or until pale brown and fragrant, stirring often.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add quinoa and salt, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, or until tender and almost all water is absorbed. Drain, then transfer to large bowl. Toss with apricots and raisins.
- Whisk together orange juice, shallot, parsley, cilantro, mint, orange zest, cumin, and coriander. Whisk in oil. Pour dressing over quinoa, and toss to coat. Garnish with orange slices and toasted almonds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note