Quinoa Pilaf With Dried Fruit and Pecans
- Ready In:
- 3 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil; stir in the quinoa.
- Decrease heat to low and cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and drain well.
- Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir/saute onion until golden.
- Add in the stock, raisins, apricots, cranberries, salt, coriander, pepper, and lemon zest; bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the quinoa; stir to combine.
- Cover and decrease heat to very low; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pecans; fluff and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!