Quinoa, Lentil & Feta Salad
- Ready In:
- 7 ounces quinoa
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 shallots or 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cucumber, lightly peeled and diced
- 3 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Cook the quinoa in a large pan of boiling water for 10-15 mins until tender, drain well, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan, then cook the shallot or onion for a few mins until softened. Add the tarragon, stir well, then remove from the heat.
- Stir the softened shallot and tarragon into the cooled quinoa along with the lentils, cucumber, feta, scallions, orange zest and juice and vinegar. Toss well together and chill until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)