Quinoa Corn Muffins
- Ready In:
- Place rinsed quinoa and water in saucepan, bring to a boil and cover, simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove lid and continue to cook all the while stirring for 1 or 2 minutes more, until quinoa starts to stick to pan.
- Remove from heat and spread out on plate to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients together, (flour, baking powder, salt and cornmeal).
- Add dry mixture to butter and sugar mixture alternating with buttermilk, just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Drop muffin liners in muffin tin if desired filling almost full with batter. Place in oven and bake until muffins have risen and spring back when gently touched, about 15 - 20 minutes,.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!