Quinoa, Chickpea and Spinach Soup
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 250 g spinach, frozen leaves
- 5 cups vegetable broth, from 1 cube
- 400 g chopped tomatoes, canned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 100 g uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 250 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Sauté onion and garlic for 3 – 5 minutes in the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Stir in the carrot and spinach, continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, chopped tomatoes with their juices, thyme, rosemary and the quinoa. Bring to a low boil, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for 5 more minutes, until heated through.
- Before serving, add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!