Quinoa and Vegetable Tabouli Salad
As I venture more into vegan eating, I'm starting to use more quinoa and love the uniqueness of it! Here is a pretty and delicious salad, I hope you enjoy it. Adapted from The Vegan Chef.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups water
- 1 tea bag mint tea
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 2 cups tomatoes, deseeded, and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, destemmed, deseeded, and diced
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup radish, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped mint
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and tea bag to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain off any of the remaining water from the quinoa and discard the tea bag. Transfer the cooked quinoa to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, Italian herb blend, salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the cooled quinoa and toss gently to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- Cover and chill for 30-60 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I did cut this recipe in half since there were just the 2 of us, & that gave us two servings each which worked out well for both lunch & supper! A very nice combo of veggies, & the lemony dressing was wonderful! For myself, I left out the mint, but my other half like that stuff, so included it for him! Definitely a salad worth making again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Wow! This is the very first time I liked eating quinoa..and I've tried several times before. I'm soooo happy!! Quinoa is so very good for your health. I especially like the amount of veggies added to this recipe, too. It took me longer than the 20 min. prep time to do all the chopping, etc... but it was well worth the time! I love the simple and tasty dressing. The only change I will make next time, is to omit the mint. I thought it was delicious before that addition and didn't think it needed the mint (my personal taste). I am putting this recipe into my best of the best file because it made me love quinoa! Also, I don't normally eat/like radishes, but they are fantastic in this salad. Don't miss that! Thank you Sharon for posting such a delicious and healthy recipe. :) Made for PRMR tag game.