Quinoa and Shrimp With Fresh Corn and Cherry Tomatoes
photo by Everything Tasty Ki
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup dry organic quinoa (cook according to package)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 8 extra-large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3⁄4 cup corn
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped basil
- 1. Cook quinoa according to the package. The quinoa will be done when it turns partially white and the spiral-like germ of the grain is visible. Flake with a fork.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk 2 teaspoons olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onions and saute 2-3 minutes, just until wilted. Add shrimp and saute until they turn bright red and are lightly browned on the edges. Add the corn and tomatoes, and heat through for 2-3 minutes, just until the tomatoes begin to wrinkle.
- 4. Add cooked quinoa directly into the skillet and toss with the shrimp mixture. Add the basil and the olive oil and lemon juice mixture. Toss gently. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have always had a passion for cooking ever since I was a child. I love reading recipes, collecting cookbooks, and recreating dishes with my own twist. I love sharing my tips on how to prepare a dish. I am always on the hunt to discover a new favorite recipe. I invite you to try my recipes and I hope that you discover your next favorite. Enjoy!</p> <p>Check out my blog for more recipes www.everythingtasty.blogspot.com</p>