Quinoa and Green Chile Casserole
- Ready In:
- In a 4 to 5 quart pan toast quinoa in 2 Tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer, stirring occationally until Quinoa is tender about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped green onions, chopped basil and chopped cilantro.
- Season with vinegar and salt.
- Cover and let stand.
- Drain chilis.
- Arrange half the chilies in a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover with the Quinoa mixture and level.
- Add remaining chilies and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 20 minutes till cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm the person that all my family and friends call if they need a recipe. I'm a great cook, but don't get that much cooking in because of the way my husband and I have chosen to eat/live. We eat mainly raw and lightly steamed vegetables,fruit in season, grilled fish, grilled chicken breasts, ground white meat turkey and occasionally 3 oz. of lean beef or pork. We cut out almost all dairy and white sugar and flour. <br /><br />Not only have I lost 101 pounds but my husbands cholesteral has lowered 75 points. We plan on living forever. Good Luck-Huh? <br />But, since I am a foody, I get my cooking/recipe fix by reading recipes on this site. I love it.</p>