Quickie Chicken Biscuit Pot Pie
Adapted from menus4moms.com. Original recipe called for a 9 inch pie pan but due to Annacia's problems, I have changed that.
- Ready In:
- 1 2⁄3 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 10 1⁄2 ounces canned condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Combine vegetables, chicken, soup, salt, pepper and thyme; pour into a 9 inch deep-dish pie pan or a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine biscuit mix, milk and egg; Pour over top.
- Line oven rack with foil just in case of overflow.
- Bake at 400* for 25-30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I put this in a 9x9 pan it was great that way. I added half a small onion and served it with fried potatoes and fresh pears. It is an easy everyday dish and great for cool evenings. It would be good with potato in it too. If you like the Bought pot pies you may want more soup in it. But it wasn't dry at all.Reply
I loved the ease of this recipe. I would certainly recommend a deeper baking pan however. I'm currently cleaning my oven because this really overflowed it's dish. It retained all of the veggies (I used frozen mixed veggies) and chicken but the end result was dry because of the loss of the gravy. I used fat reduced Cream of Chicken and for the biscuit layer I used Recipe #55564 (without the sugar). I'll likely try this again, it tastes good, but I'll use a deeper casserole dish.Reply