Quick Slap-Dash Cioppino
- Ready In:
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup onion, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup celery, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) jar chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle red wine
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb salmon, cut into 2-inch piecees
- 1⁄4 lb white fish, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup squid ring
- 1⁄2 cup scallops
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grate your veggies, and saute over med-high heat until transluscent.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients up to the fish. Bring to a boil, then stir and reduce over medium heat until desired consistency/flavor.
- Add in fish in the order laid out, with the scallops going in the very last- these should cook for only a few minutes (only just cooked through), as any longer will give you rubbery white pellets.
- Season to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm an American living in England, married to a fantastic guy. We have two little girls- a 3 1/2 year old extremely finnicky eater and a 6 month old who has yet to come across any flavor she doesn't like (including cauliflower, parsnip, beef, lentils, etc). Go figure.</p>