Quick Salmon-Potato Cakes
- Ready In:
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 6 -7 ounces canned salmon, squeezed dry and flaked with a fork
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unflavored dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the thawed hash browns with the onions. Mash with a fork until the mixture holds together. Add the salmon, eggs, dill, mustard, pepper and salt, then mix well. Form the mixture into patties, then roll them in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat the oil. If necessary, use half the oil and cook the patties in batches. Place the patties in the pan and cook until well browned and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve topped with sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!