Quick Pureed Green Bean Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, semi-drained, pureed
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- In soup pot or large sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Add the onions and caramelize.
- When onions are golden add the minced garlic and herbs.
- When garlic smells wonderful, add the broth and heat through.
- Add the pureed green beans and salt & pepper,and lemon juice.
- Heat to serving temperature, bowl-up, add a dollop of sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!