Quick Parboiled Rice - 2-Qt. Pressure Cooker
photo by KateL
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup parboiled rice, rinsed and drained
- In pressure cooker, pour in water and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Pour in well-drained rice, stir well.
- Secure lid, and bring to low pressure (8 psi). Once pot has reached low pressure, adjust heat to stabilize at low pressure. (My stove runs hot for a simmer, so I press the steam valve of my Kuhn Rikon p.c. lid to keep the pressure at 1 bar.) Once low pressure has been reached, begin timing for 6 minutes and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let pressure reduce naturally (this will absorb some of the excess water, if any).
- Remove lid, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to eat yummy healthy foods!