Quick N Easy Beet Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The earthy balance of the beets contrasts with the flavors of seasonal greens. Both should be on the table when serving family and guests.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 -2 lb baby beets
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup walla walla onion, slivered
- Rinse the beet roots.
- Place in a pot and cover with water. Boil the beets until tender. Depending upon the size this can take up to an hour and half. Check after 1/2 hour with baby beets.
- Drain the beets and rinse.
- Slide the skins off while the beets are still warm. Do this under cool water drizzle in the sink.
- Allow the beets to cool and then cut the beets into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Mix the cubed beets in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least an hour or overnight.
- Prior to serving, taste the salad and adjust the seasoning if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION