Quick Mushroom Barley Pilaf Ww
Entered for safe-keeping, from Weight Watchers Magazine, September-October 2008, as a side to Orange Beef WW. Each 3/4 cup serving is 2 "thingies".
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable broth or 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup quick-cooking barley
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan; add barley. Simmer, covered, 12 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 cups sliced mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add the barley and soy sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Definitely good! I was out of veggie stock and chicken stock AND beef stock for that matter, so I mixed up 1 packet of onion soup mix with 4 cups of water and voila - onion stock! The house smelled wonderful. I used regular barley (all I had on hand)- so I did need to add a little more stock than what the recipe called for. I used the morel mushrooms I had been saving for a rainy day and WOW was that a treat!!! We ate this as a main course tonight. Thanks for posting!Reply
Simply fabulous... I used some chicken consomme in 1 1/3 c water, and regular barley because I didn't have quick-cooking barley... it took 45 minutes to cook that, but it was worth it! I also used 8 oz of fresh mushrooms, and I think I'd add more next time, because we love mushrooms here. Thanks for posting!!Reply
see 1 more