Quick, Easy, Healthy, Yummy Banana Bread
photo by NoraMarie
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combinen first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring with whisk. Add flour misture to banana mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8x4 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on rack.
- To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and place in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Good for up to a month.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just had a slice fresh from the oven and enjoyed it a lot. Next time I think I'll add some banana extract as I found it lacking a little in banana flavor other than that it was Quick, Easy, Healthy, Yummy Banana Bread..! BTW I made it exactly as written using splenda as the sweetener. Oh, I added nut to the top. Thanks
Love this recipe! This banana bread is delicious - moist and so easy to put together - I can't believe it's a Cooking Light recipe. I've made it twice in the past few weeks with leftover bananas I had lying around (3 med). It's a wonderful light breakfast or snack in the afternoon with my tea - and the kids absolutely love it too (especially since there are no nuts!) Definitely a new favorite - thanks for sharing :o)