Quick & Easy Chocolate Truffles
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Hard to resist!!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup 35% cream, plus
- 3 tablespoons 35% cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons creme de cassis
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Bring the cream and sugar to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate, which has been broken up into small chunks and placed in a clean bowl.
- Stir gently adding the room temperature butter.
- Continue to stir until all the chocolate has dissolved.
- As the mixture cools, it will begin to thicken.
- Next, add the cassis and continue to stir for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a cool area but do not refrigerate.
- It is best to leave it overnight for it to cool thoroughly and start to firm up.
- Take your chocolate truffle mix, which should be firm, yet, soft to the touch.
- Place it into a piping bag that has a quarter inch nozzle attached.
- If you don't have a piping bag, just drop teaspoonsful of the mixture.
- On a clean tray with parchment paper, pipe out long sausage length strips of the chocolate truffle.
- When all has been piped out, take a small kitchen knife with the tip dipped in hot water then cut the chocolate truffles into 1 1/4 inch lengths.
- Using a clean pastry brush, brush 5 or 6 chocolate truffles at a time with a little of the melted chocolate.
- One by one, roll them gently in the palms of your hand and then drop them into either the cocoa powder or the powdered sugar.
- Roll them around and remove any excess sugar or cocoa.
- Place in a storage container or serving dish.
- It is best to store these truffles in a cool part of the house but do not refrigerate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note