Quick Crab Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a Paula Deen recipe that I watched her make on her show. It has been found again, so I am putting it here for safe keeping.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can half-and-half
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked free of any shells
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and saute the onion until translucent, about 3-4 minute.
- Add the soups, milk, and half and half, and stir to combine.
- Add the crabmeat and bring just to a boil.
- Add the sherry, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, or allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate or freeze immediately in serving sizes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Since I'm a Savannah girl myself, I have a particular fondness for any thing associated with Paula Dean, and this recipe was no exception. I did omit the sherry simply because I didn't have any on hand. It was still quite tasty and a very good way to use up left overs from a crab boil. Great recipe!Reply