Quick and Easy Skillet Potato Halves
photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
8 potato halves
- Heat a lidded skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Scrub potatoes and cut in half lengthwise.
- Place butter in skillet until melted.
- Spread butter evenly over the bottom of the skillet.
- Place potato halves cut side down in skillet.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes until potatoes are fork tender and the cut surfaces are golden brown.
- Serve with additional butter and salt as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Easy and delicious. Liked by all. Like a silly, I cut the potatoes in half widthwise, so after browning the potatoes, I popped them in the microwave to finish cooking them. I did add salt and pepper to the finished product. Next time, I will put a bit of minced garlic in the butter. Served with Recipe #30312 for a delicious and easy meal! Thanks for a definite repeat!
Oh My Goodness! These were too easy; fix 'em and forget 'em! My favorite kind of recipe! I did add some seasoning, as suggested by others; some garlic sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. I also used my oven as I was roasting something else; 400 for 40 minutes. They came out perfect! Thanks so much for sharing, tbearmom03.